Hello my name is Georgina. I believe that personal development and change is a journey of mind and soul. I blend the counselling theories of Transactional Analysis, Person Centred Counselling with the spiritual teachings and practices of Islam. I reverted to Islam over 13 years ago following the death of a family member. I suppose this was my 1st awakening towards my search for meaning. My education in Islam is more personal than formal, I do consult Islamic Scholars for guidance and regard myself as a student of ilm (knowledge) I specialise my study towards Tarbiyah and Tazkiyah which complements my education in Psychotherapy and Psychology.
I have experience treating depression, low mood, relationship issues, family tensions, life choices, stress and a range of low level mental health conditions. I also am involved with the running of a local mosque where I organise classes, events and support groups. Currently I am involved in a team which organises Islamic talks and courses on topics relating to Islamic Counselling. I also run a support group for converts/reverts.
Psychotherapy provides a neutral space where you can be comfortable expressing yourself and your needs, whilst being private and non-judgmental. Together we will explore what you want to resolve and create new visions towards a more balanced life.
Qualifications & Experience
Post Graduate Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling (level 7)
- Advanced Professional Training in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy.
- 2010-2017: South Manchester Centre of Psychotherapy (SMCP).
- Governing Body Registration: Registered Psychotherapist and Member (MBACP) of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists . Also a member of the International Transactional Analysis Association ITAA
BSc Hons (1st Class) Counselling Studies with Therapeutic Pathways
University of Salford 2011 – 2014
Modules Studied and Passed:
- Research Methods 1
- Social Policy
- Person Centred Counselling
- Counselling and Communication Skills
- Mindfulness Practice
- Therapeutic Approaches
- Health Psychology
- Counselling skills 1
- History and Application of Relaxation Techniques
- Further Research methods
- Intermediate Counselling Skills 2
- Sociology and Health and Illness
- Bereavement & Loss
- Expressive Therapies
- CBT Skills
- Counselling and Mental Health
- Dissertation Counselling and Psychotherapy
Certificate of HE in Person Centred Counselling. University of Salford
Level 2 (ABC) in Counselling Skills. Stockport College. 2009-2010
Integrative Psychotherapist and Counsellor. (2013-ongoing)
Individual, couples, and group counselling.
Child and Young Persons Practitioner.
Tameside Oldham & Glossop MIND
Facilitator of early intervention strategies for positive mental health in schools with children aged 7-18 years.
Lead Regional Event Organiser
Islamic Courses and seminars.
Sacred Space Events. 2009 – on going
Administrator and HR
Salahadeen Al Ayubi Community Centre (MICC) 2014 – present.