Training, background and qualifications;
Hello my name is Georgina. I am a convert to Islam of over 14 years now, alhamduillah. My love for psychotherapy has originated through my journey of faith, I have found it a great developmental companion as I navigate challenges along the spiritual path. As well as my work as a therapist I am a Doctorate researcher looking at Integrative Islamic Psychotherapy. I also facilitate Barclays life skills workshops in schools and colleges for the Transformation Trust.
As well as my therapy work my husband and I form part of a team that manages the Manchester Islamic & Cultural Centre (Masjid Salahadeen al Ayubi). My main role is counselling and support for converts as well as Event and Education planning.
Qualifications & Experience
Current: PhD Candidate researcher at Metanoia Institute and Middlesex University.
Professional Training (level 7) Certificate in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- 4 years Advanced Professional Training in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy.
- 2010-2017: South Manchester Centre of Psychotherapy (SMCP).
- Governing Body Registration: Registered Psychotherapist and Member (MBACP) of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists . Also a member of the International Transactional Analysis Association ITAA
BSc Hons (1st Class) Counselling Studies with Therapeutic Pathways University of Salford 2011 – 2014
Modules Studied and Passed:
- Research Methods 1
- Social Policy
- Person Centred Counselling
- Counselling and Communication Skills
- Mindfulness Practice
- Therapeutic Approaches
- Health Psychology
- Counselling skills 1
- History and Application of Relaxation Techniques
- Further Research methods
- Intermediate Counselling Skills 2
- Sociology and Health and Illness
- Bereavement & Loss
- Expressive Therapies
- CBT Skills
- Counselling and Mental Health
- Dissertation Counselling and Psychotherapy
Couples counselling bridging training with TLC/Relate. (CPD)
Certificate of HE in Person Centred Counselling. University of Salford
Level 2 (ABC) in Counselling Skills. Stockport College. 2009-2010
Islamic Counselling Introduction. Ihsaan.
Islamic 101 Certificate. CMA Marifa Foundation
Psychotherapist and Counsellor. (2013-ongoing)
Individual, couples, and group counselling.
Child and Young Persons Practitioner.
Tameside Oldham & Glossop MIND
Facilitator of early intervention strategies for positive mental health in schools with children aged 7-18 years.
with The Transformation Trust in schools facilitating the Barclays Life Skills workshops.
reverts and converts to Islam group therapy sessions.
Regional Event Organiser
Islamic Courses and seminars.
Administrator and HR
Salahadeen Al Ayubi Community Centre (MICC) 2014 – present.